Change Billing (Account) Name Instructions

Last Updated: Sep 17, 2014

Use the following instructions to submit documents to change a Billing Name on an account. (This process is not to change ownership of the account.)

  1. To change a Billing Name on your account, you must submit legal documentation:
    1. Marriage certificate
    2. Divorce decree showing name change
    3. Legal government document for name change
  2. The above documents must show original name and new name.
  3. Missing, illegible or expired documents will delay this process and we will contact you at the designated number you provided.
  4. If the change is due to misspelling, submit a copy of your driver’s license, passport, state-authorized ID or school ID that shows the correct spelling for name. Only minor spelling will be changed through this process, not an entire name change.

You will receive a confirmation email once your name change request is complete.

Click here to start the online name change request


Average User Rating
(60 ratings)

My rating

Contact us

Find a store

Recently Viewed

Recent discussions

Please visit for instructions on how to submit your Account/Billing name changes request. &
Author: Sprint_Hirsht Date: 2015-08-17
COLEYMICHELLE,   We can definitely assist you with that. Please check out this link for instructions on how to cha
Author: Sprint_Nia Date: 2015-09-01
I just bought my phone and service this past weekend. They used my full name plus a number for I do not
Author: BCHero Date: 2010-05-27
Hi Shannon,   I was with Sprint 14 Years (since 1999). Recently I waited to you people complete your Tower softwa
Author: R2011 Date: 2014-01-20
Hey William it says this on my bill:   Sprint is making changes to its policies. Please see the "Sprint News and
Author: zivojan Date: 2012-11-20