Software Updates - Moto X
- Software updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
- If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Check the current device software:
Manually check for updates:
Description of Enhancements/Fixes
- Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat® - Android 4.4.4, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. This release includes several stability, framework and security fixes in addition to accuracy improvements to the power profile.
- Camera - Improved image quality - Improved camera image quality including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
- Camera - Pause video recording - Added the ability to pause video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
- Updated Phone dialer - Updated Phone dialer with a new graphical layout and colors to improve consistency and usability.
- Motorola Alert application - New Motorola Alert application sends periodic alerts with your location to your selected contacts. Now available for download from the Google Play Store.
- Android Kit Kat 4.4.2
- Printing Documents and Pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Improved Battery Life: Fixed bugs which caused a small number of users to experience shorter battery life after upgrading to Android 4.4.
- Fixed Email Sync Delays: Fixed a bug that could cause email services like Microsoft Exchange to experience intermittent delays in data synchronization.
- Android 4.4, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Improved Phone Dialer app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings>Wireless>Default SMS app.
- NFC Host Card Emulation support to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
- Camera - Focus and exposure: Enhanced the "touch to focus" option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo's focus and exposure.
- Gallery - Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Touchless Control - "Find my phone": Added a new "Find my phone" command to Touchless Control. Just say "OK, Google Now-find my phone" and your Moto X will ring loudly to let you know where it's hiding when you've misplaced it nearby.
- Photo Quality Improvements: Enhanced auto-white balance performance and color accuracy, improved exposure in outdoor and backlit scenes, and reduced noise in low light scenes
- Improved Camera Focus: Implemented faster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion
- Enhanced Touchless Control: Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier setup and training of the "OK Google Now" trigger
- Improved Motorola Migrate Experience: Added additional functionality for better transfer of content from an old phone to a new Motorola phone using Motorola Migrate
- Moto Care Lost Device: Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location