Software updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Check the current device software:
Manually check for updates:
Description of Enhancements/Fixes
- This is a security patch to the existing 4.1.1 software.
- Android Security enhancement.
- Upgrades phone operating system to Android 4.1.2
- Fixes and issue where you receive text messages with no sender as a result of incompatible Wireless Emergency Alert (WEA) or Commerical Mobile Alert System (CMAS) alerts being delivered to your phone.
- Upgrades phone operating system to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Smoother user interface
- Enhanced Accessibility functions
- Bi-directional text and other language support
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Expandable notifications
- Ability to turn off notifications on an application specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Offline voice dictation
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera application
- High resolution Google+ contact photos
- Google Now
- Multichannel audio
- USB audio added for external sound Digital to Analog Conversion
- Discontinues support for Adobe Flash Player:
- Adobe will not be certifying the Adobe Flash Player for Android Mobile devices that either release with or update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- Devices that upgraded from Android 4.0 to Android 4.1, may exhibit unpredictable behavior, as it is not certified for use with Android 4.1. Adobe recommends uninstalling Flash Player on devices which have been upgraded to Android 4.1.
- Upgrades device operating system to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- A customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys
- Contacts application provides improved integration with Gmail, Email, Google+ and other apps
- Multitasking allows users easy access to switch between recently used applications by tapping and holding the Home key
- Creating folders on the home screen is now easier. Drag and drop one app onto another to create a folder
- New lock screen actions allow users to jump into the camera or pull down notifications to check messages, without unlocking the device
- Swiping from left to right can dismiss individual notifications, close apps from the recent apps list, and close browser tabs
- Data usage provide controls for monitoring and managing network data usage
- Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed
- Adds TTY support
- Fixes error code 67 when making account changes
- Improves Wi-Fi connectivity, speaker phone audio quality and 4G signal
- Updates signal strength indicators
- Prepares the phone for secure transactions
- Improves device security
- Fixes international roaming issue with Google Voice
- Fixes issue with using Tags application between 2 Nexus S 4G devices