Software Updates - Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
- Software updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
- If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Check the current device software:
Manually check for updates:
Optional Software Update:
|| Release Date
|| Description of Enhancements/Fix
- Optional Software Update
- Android Jelly Bean
- Only available over-the-wire from Samsung due to file size
- Adds Sprint Connections Optimizer
- Email Enhancements: Edit the Internal Out of Office message.
- VPN Enhancements: Access VPN services over 3G without having to switch to 4G or WiFi.
- Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich
- Google Security Patches.
- Email Enhancements
- Activates the Federally-mandated Commercial Alert System (CMAS), which allows the President of the United States, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the National Weather Service (NWS), and state and local emergency operations centers to broadcast warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on their geographic location.
- Security updates.
- The 4G data connection should no longer drop when a call is initiated or received
- The device should no longer lose a network signal, indicated by a Circle / Slash in the status bar