Software Updates - Samsung Galaxy S III
- Software updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
- If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Check the current device software:
Manually check for updates:
Description of Enhancements/Fixes
- Galaxy Gear Compatibility
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update
- Home screen security fix
- Multi-view: Split Screen multitasking support
- Camera feature and gallery enhancements
- Addition of Paper Artist
- Bulk SMS Enhancements
- Misc bug fixes
- Voicemail application update
- SMS 3-digit support
- Calendar sync fixes
- Updates the device to Google Platform Version
- Upgrade to Android 4.1 (Jellybean)
- Email Out of Office improvements: Able to modify the external and internal message
- Corrects an issue where VPN no longer worked over 3G, unless user switched to 4G or Wi-Fi
- Corrects an issue where MMS picture mail would no longer send or receive over 3G, unless user switched to 4G or Wi-Fi
- SWYPE- The SWYPE keyboard has been added to the device.
- LTE Data Connectivity- Improvements to network connectivity when using Sprint 4G LTE data services.
- SMS Messaging - When a message is greater than the 160 character limit it we now be delivered as a single message to the Samsung Galaxy S III.
- Exchange Active Sync - The EAS services have been enhanced on the device.
- Updated MMS client.
- Optimized LTE system selection.
- Enhanced Smart Stay function.
- Enhanced Voice recognition.
- All-Share Cast is now supported.
- Music Hub is now supported.
- LTE Enabled (previously default was disabled)