Steps to activate your Apple iPad with Retina display
Hands free activation
If this is the first time activating your device, hands free activation automatically starts when you power it on for the first time.
- With your device powered off, press and hold the Power key.
- Swipe to the right to unlock the screen and start the setup process.
- Tap the preferred language.
- Tap the preferred country or region.
- Tap the preferred activation method:
- To activate using a Wi-Fi connection, tap the preferred Wi-Fi network, enter the network Password, and then tap Join.
- To activate using a cellular connection, tap Use Cellular Connection.
- Your Apple iPad with Retina display activates.
- Tap the preferred Location Services option.
- Tap the preferred setup option.
- Tap Sign In with Your Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials and tap Next.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree.
- Read the Terms and Conditions message and tap Agree.
- Tap the preferred iCloud option.
- If necessary, tap the preferred Find My iPad option.
- Tap to check or uncheck the preferred contact options and tap Next.
- Enter a four-digit passcode.
- Re-enter the four-digit passcode to confirm.
- Tap the preferred iCloud Keychain option and follow the prompts.
- Tap the preferred Siri option.
- Tap the preferred Diagnostics option.
- Tap Get Started.
- Your Apple iPad with Retina display is ready to be used.
Note: If hands free activation fails, continue to the next guide.
Update the data profile
If this is not the first time activating your device, or hands free activation did not complete successfully, update the data profile.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Tap Subscriber Services.
- Tap Reprovision Account.
- Tap OK.
- After it completes, your device returns to the keypad.
- Press the Home key.
- You've now updated the data profile.
If you are having trouble activating your Apple iPad with Retina display, make an appointment at a nearby Sprint Store for assistance getting your device programmed.