Steps to activate your Apple iPhone 4s
Hands free activation
If this is the first time activating your device, hands free activation automatically starts when you power it on for the first time.
- With your phone powered off, press and hold the Power key.
- Swipe to the right to unlock the screen and start the setup process.
- Tap the preferred language.
- Tap the preferred country or region.
- Tap the preferred activation method:
Your Apple iPhone 4s activates.
Tap the preferred Location Services option.
Tap the preferred setup option.
Tap Sign In with Your Apple ID.
Enter your Apple ID credentials and tap Next.
Read the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree.
Read the Terms and Conditions message and tap Agree.
Tap the preferred iCloud option.
If necessary, tap the preferred Find My Phone option.
Tap to check or uncheck the preferred contact options and tap Next.
Enter a four-digit passcode.
Re-enter the four-digit passcode to confirm.
Tap the preferred Siri option and tap Next.
Tap the preferred Diagnostics option and tap Next.
Tap Get Started.
Your Apple iPhone 4s is ready to be used.
- To activate using a Wi-Fi connection, tap the preferred Wi-Fi network, enter the network Password, and then tap Join.
- To activate using a cellular connection, tap Use Cellular Connection.
Note: If hands free activation fails, continue to the next guide.
Update the data profile
If this is not the first time activating your device, or hands free activation did not complete successfully, update the data profile.
- From the home screen, tap Phone.
- On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap Call.
- Tap OK.
- Your device searches for profile updates and installs them.
- Tap Dismiss.
- Tap the Home key.
- You've now updated the data profile.
If you are having trouble activating your Apple iPhone 4s, make an appointment at a nearby Sprint Store for assistance getting your device programmed.