Steps to recover your saved contacts
Note: You can recover your contacts only if you've previously backed them up.
Sync contacts with BlackBerry Desktop Software™
- From the home screen, scroll to Address Book, and press the trackball.
- Press the Menu key.
- Scroll to Filter, and press the trackball.
- Scroll to and press the trackball to remove any categories that have a check mark.
- You can now see all of your contacts.
If you've saved your contacts on your computer, you can recover them with BlackBerry Desktop Software. Install and sync with BlackBerry Desktop Software - Windows.
Install and sync with BlackBerry Desktop Software - Mac.
Some Bluetooth-enabled devices have Bluetooth file transfer capabilities. If you stored your contacts on another Bluetooth-enabled device, you can recover your contacts.
- Be sure you have Bluetooth enabled on the other device and ready to pair.
- From the BlackBerry Curve 8330 home screen, press the Menu key.
- Scroll to Manage Connections, and press the trackball.
- If Bluetooth is not checked, scroll to Bluetooth, and press the trackball.
- Scroll to Set Up Bluetooth, and press the trackball.
- Be sure Search for devices from here is selected. With OK highlighted, press the trackball.
- Scroll to the name of the other device, and press the trackball.
Scroll to Yes, and press the trackball.
After you've paired the devices, transfer the contacts from the other device.
On your BlackBerry Curve 8330 open the file, and follow the prompts to load your contacts into your contact list.
- If prompted, enter the passkey, scroll to OK, and press the trackball.
- If you are unsure of the passkey, try entering 0000 or 1234 (the default passkey for most Bluetooth devices).
Pair with a Bluetooth device.