Steps to recover your saved contacts
Note: You can recover your contacts only if you've previously backed them up.
Be sure all of your contacts are visible.
- From the home screen, press CONTACTS.
- Press OPTIONS.
- Scroll to Settings and press the MENU/OK key.
You can now see all of your contacts.
- If Show Secret displays: Scroll to Show Secret, press the MENU/OK key, and enter your LOCK CODE.
- If Hide Secret displays: You can already view all your contacts.
- From the home screen, press MESSAGES.
- Scroll to Email and press the MENU/OK key.
- Review the message and press NEXT.
- With Email highlighted, press the MENU/OK key.
- Scroll to Gmail and press the MENU/OK key.
- Enter the Google account credentials and press NEXT.
- When prompted to enable calendar, scroll to the preferred option and press NEXT.
- When prompted to copy contacts to phone book, scroll to Yes, please and press DONE.
- You've now added the Google account and a copy of your contacts.
Some Bluetooth-enabled devices have Bluetooth file transfer capabilities. If you stored your contacts on another Bluetooth-enabled device, you can recover your contacts.
- Be sure you have Bluetooth enabled on the other device and it's ready to be paired.
- From the Samsung Array home screen, press the MENU/OK key.
- Scroll to Tools and press the MENU/OK key.
- Scroll to Bluetooth and press the MENU/OK key.
- With On/Off highlighted, press the MENU/OK key.
- Scroll to On and press the MENU/OK key.
- Scroll to Add New and press the MENU/OK key.
- Scroll to the name of the other device and press the MENU/OK key.
- If a REQUEST PAIR prompt appears, verify the passkeys match and press YES.
If a RENAME DEVICE prompt appears, enter the preferred name and press DONE.
After you've paired the devices, begin the transfer of contacts from the other device.
After the transfer is complete, open the file on your Samsung Array and follow the prompts to load your contacts into your contact list.
- If prompted, enter the passkey and press the MENU/OK key.
- If you're unsure of the passkey, try entering 0000 or 1234 (the default for most Bluetooth devices).
Pair with a Bluetooth device.