This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your Samsung Galaxy Note II.
You may have charging issues if your Samsung Galaxy Note® II
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect and clean the gold contacts using a cotton swab or dry soft cloth.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy Note II can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Samsung Galaxy Note II does not turn on, make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on sprint.com and at any Sprint Store.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Scroll to and tap My Device.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Tap Battery Status.
- Verify that the Battery Status is Charging.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy Note II is running the most recent software.
- Tap the System Updates dashboard.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- On the More tab, scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Tap OK.
- Remove the SD card.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the Samsung Galaxy Note II, troubleshoot battery life, or make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.