This article helps you troubleshoot battery life issues on your Kyocera Hydro Edge.
You may have battery life issues if your Kyocera Hydro Edge™ battery:
- Consistently displays low charge
- Drains quickly
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
In Sprint Zone browse Power Usage and learn how your current power settings affect battery life.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Swipe from Right to Left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Power Usage.
- Overview: Displays your current power usage level and power mode.
- Power Usage Details: Shows your power usage over time and which features use your battery the most.
- Battery Usage: Shows battery history and the power usage of each app.
- Current Power Settings: Shows settings that can affect battery life. Tap an item to change the setting.
- Select Power Mode: Helps change settings to extend battery life.
- Learn More: Provides more information on battery life.
You can also manually adjust power settings
Verify the battery is not damaged.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Kyocera Hydro Edge off.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect the battery to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged. These are signs that the battery needs to be replaced and may be the cause of your issue.
- If the battery appears damaged, don't reinsert it into your Kyocera Hydro Edge.
- If you're still having issues, please make an appointment at a nearby Sprint Repair center for more help.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Kyocera Hydro Edge is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Kyocera Hydro Edge or review these FAQs.