This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your Kyocera Hydro Edge.
You may have issues with charging if your device:
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on sprint.com and at any Sprint Store.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- From within Sprint Zone, swipe from Right to Left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Power Usage.
- Tap Battery Usage.
Verify the battery is not damaged.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Kyocera Hydro Edge off.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect the battery to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged. These are signs that the battery needs to be replaced and may be the cause of your issue.
- If the battery appears damaged, don't reinsert it into your Kyocera Hydro Edge.
- Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can further diagnose the issue.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your device is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.