This article helps you troubleshoot data connectivity issues on your Apple iPhone 4s.
You may have data connectivity issues if you're unable to:
- Connect to the Internet
- Browse websites
- Send or receive multimedia messages
- Load Internet content within applications
- Send or receive email
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify your Apple iPhone 4s is connected to the Sprint network using Safari.
Be sure mobile data is enabled. Some features and applications require a data connection to work properly.
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- Try to browse to a web page.
- If the data connection fails, update the profile.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.
- Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.
- Your Apple iPhone restarts.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same problem in the same location?
- If yes or you don't know: Please contact Sprint Customer Care for help.
- If no: Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can further diagnose the issue.
- Temporary solution: Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You can connect to a Wi-Fi network as a temporary solution.
Note: Most Wi-Fi networks have a range of less than 100 feet indoors and up to 300 feet outdoors. Objects between the router and your Apple iPhone 4s may decrease the signal strength.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network may also improve battery life.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 4s is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.