This article helps you troubleshoot data connectivity issues on your Netgear Zing Mobile Hotspot.
You may have data connectivity issues if you connect to the device and you're unable to:
- Connect to the Internet
- Browse websites
- Send or receive email
Try each of these steps to see if it helps resolve your data connectivity issues.
Verify your Netgear Zing Mobile Hotspot is connected to the Sprint network.
- On the screen of your hotspot, look at the status indicators for signal strength and a Sprint 3G or 4G LTE icon.
- If these indicators do not display, continue to the next step.
- Open the Internet browser on your computer and go to http://sprinthotspot/index.html.
- Log in as needed.
- Look at the Status section for signal strength and connection information.
- You are connected to the Sprint network if signal strength bars are green and the data connection icons (3G/4G) are present.
Connect to your hotspot via USB instead of Wi-Fi.
- Connect the micro USB connector cable to your hotspot.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a USB port on a computer.
- Allow the computer to install the device drivers.
- Try to browse the web.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset refreshes your connection to the Sprint network.
- Turn your Netgear Zing Mobile Hotspot off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your Netgear Zing Mobile Hotspot back on.
Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same problem in the same location?
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Netgear Zing Mobile Hotspot is running the most recent device software.