This article helps you troubleshoot data connectivity issues on your Kyocera Rise.
You may have data connectivity issues if you're unable to:
- Connect to the Internet
- Browse websites
- Send or receive multimedia messages
- Load Internet content within applications
- Send or receive email
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify your Kyocera Rise™ is connected to the Sprint network using Sprint Zone.
Be sure mobile data is enabled. Some features and applications require a data connection to work properly.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Swipe from Right to Left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Sprint network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the Data Profile.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap System Updates.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the profile update is complete, tap OK.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Kyocera Rise to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Kyocera Rise off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your Kyocera Rise back on.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same problem in the same location?
- If yes or you don't know: Please contact Sprint Customer Care for help.
- If no: Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can further diagnose the issue.
- Temporary solution: Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You can connect to a Wi-Fi network as a temporary solution.
Note: Most Wi-Fi networks have a range of less than 100 feet indoors and up to 300 feet outdoors. Objects between the router and your Kyocera Rise may decrease the signal strength.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network may also improve battery life.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Kyocera Rise is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.