This article helps troubleshoot iMessages on your Apple iPhone 5s
You may have iMessage issues if your Apple iPhone 5s:
- Displays "Waiting for Activation" when setting up or sending an iMessage
- Will not activate iMessage after 24 hours
- You can't send or receive iMessages
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed.
Ensure that iMessage is set up correctly.
- Verify that iMessage is turned on by tapping Settings > Messages and checking the iMessage status.
- Verify that the Apple iPhone 5s is connected to data through either a Wi-Fi or Sprint connection, and that a data indicator shows at the top of the display screen.
- Verify that the Apple ID or phone number for the device is listed under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
Disable iMessage, reset network settings, and re-enable iMessage.
Apple has acknowledged that there is an issue with iMessage in iOS 7, and promises a fix soon. The best workaround so far is to follow these steps:
- Turn iMessage off from Settings > Messages.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the PIN number.
- Return to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage back on.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.
- Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.
- Your Apple iPhone restarts.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the
Apple iPhone 5s
, make an appointment at a convenient
Sprint Repair center
, or contact
Sprint Customer Care
for more help.