This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your Apple iPhone 4s.
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
Airplane mode is a feature that prevents your device from sending or receiving a wireless transmission.
Turn airplane mode off.
- Verify your Apple iPhone 4s is connected to the Sprint network.
Be sure your Apple iPhone 4s is connected to the Sprint voice network to make or receive calls.
- Place a phone call.
- If the phone call fails, update the profile.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your Apple iPhone 4s has low signal strength, see if your location is within Sprint voice coverage on the Sprint coverage map.
Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your Apple iPhone 4 to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.
- Your Apple iPhone 5 restarts.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same issue in the same location?
- If yes or you don't know: Please contact Sprint Customer Care for help.
- If no: Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can further diagnose the issue.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 4s is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.