This article helps troubleshoot mobile hotspot issues on your Apple iPhone 4s.
You may have mobile hotspot issues if you:
- See Error 67 on your Apple iPhone 4s
- Can't connect another device to your Apple iPhone 4s mobile hotspot
- Connect to the mobile hotspot but can't browse
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify you've enabled and set up mobile hotspot on your Apple iPhone 4s.
Turn Wi-Fi hotspot on.
Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Verify your Apple iPhone 4s is connected to the Sprint network using Safari.
Be sure mobile data is enabled and functioning for mobile hotspot to work properly.
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- Try to browse to a web page.
- If the data connection fails, update the profile. This may fix an error 67.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Verify your subscription has an active mobile hotspot add-on.
On sprint.com, log in to your My Sprint to verify the add-on is active on the subscription.
Without the hotspot add-on, you can't share your Apple iPhone 4s mobile hotspot with other devices.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.
- Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.
- Your Apple iPhone restarts.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 4s is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Apple iPhone 4s or make an appointment at a nearby Sprint Repair center for more help.