This article helps troubleshoot mobile hotspot issues on your Apple iPhone 5.
You may have mobile hotspot issues if you:
- See Error 67 on your Apple iPhone 5
- Message to enable hotspot on your phone
- Can't connect another device to your Apple iPhone 5 mobile hotspot
- Connect to the mobile hotspot but can't browse
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify you have the correct plan for mobile hotspot.
- Sign in to My Sprint with a valid username and password.
- Scroll to the right-hand section labeled I want to and click Change my services.
- Select the device that you want to change services for and click Change service add-ons.
- On the Service add-ons page, select the services you would like to add or remove and then click Save.
Verify you've enabled and set up mobile hotspot on your Apple iPhone 5.
Turn Wi-Fi hotspot on.
Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
Verify your Apple iPhone 5 is connected to the Sprint network using Safari.
Be sure mobile data is enabled and functioning for mobile hotspot to work properly.
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- Try to browse to a web page.
- If the data connection fails, update the profile. This may fix an error 67.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.
- Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.
- Your Apple iPhone restarts.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 5 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Apple iPhone 5 or make an appointment at a nearby Sprint Repair center for more help.