This article helps troubleshoot sending or receiving multimedia messages.
You may have this issue if your device is unable to:
- Send or receive multimedia messages (messages with pictures, video or audio)
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify your Apple iPhone 4s is connected to the Sprint network using Safari.
Be sure mobile data is enabled and functioning for multimedia messages to work properly.
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- Try to browse to a web page.
- If the data connection fails, update the profile.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Do you see an error message that says the media file is too large?
Try reducing the size of the file with a compatible editing program available in Apple App Store.
You can also try to send the file via email. Email providers usually have a higher file size limit.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.
- Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.
- Your Apple iPhone restarts.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 4s is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the Apple iPhone 4s or contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.