This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Apple iPhone 4s.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify your Apple iPhone 4s is connected to the Sprint network.
Be sure your Apple iPhone 4s is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.
- Place a phone call.
- If the phone call fails, update the profile.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.
- Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.
- Your Apple iPhone restarts.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Apple iPhone 4s?
If your Apple iPhone 4s is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Apple iPhone 4s is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Apple iPhone 4s or contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.