This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your BlackBerry Bold 9930.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify that the Mobile Network connection is turned on.
If the Mobile Network connection is turned off, your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 can't send or receive text messages. Be sure that the Mobile Network connection is turned on.
Turn the mobile network connection on.
- Refresh your Sprint network connection.
Update the profile to be sure your BlackBerry Bold 9930 is on the Sprint network.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your BlackBerry Bold 9930 to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your BlackBerry Bold 9930 off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press the Power key to turn your BlackBerry Bold 9930 back on.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your BlackBerry Bold 9930?
If your BlackBerry Bold 9930 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your BlackBerry Bold 9930 is running the most recent device software. Upgrade the device software.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for BlackBerry devices or contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.