This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Kyocera Hydro Edge.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- If Airplane mode is ON displays, tap Airplane mode.
Verify your Kyocera Hydro Edge™ is connected to the Sprint network using Sprint Zone.
Be sure your Kyocera Hydro Edge is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Swipe from Right to Left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Sprint network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the Data Profile.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap System Updates.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the profile update is complete, tap OK.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Kyocera Hydro Edge to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Kyocera Hydro Edge off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your Kyocera Hydro Edge back on.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Kyocera Hydro Edge?
If your Kyocera Hydro Edge is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Kyocera Hydro Edge is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Kyocera Hydro Edge or contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.