This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Kyocera Rise.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify your Kyocera Rise™ is connected to the Sprint network using Sprint Zone.
Be sure your Kyocera Rise is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Swipe from Right to Left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Sprint network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the Data Profile.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap System Updates.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the profile update is complete, tap OK.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Kyocera Rise to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Kyocera Rise off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your Kyocera Rise back on.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Kyocera Rise?
If your Kyocera Rise is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Kyocera Rise is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Kyocera Rise or contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.