This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your LG Rumor Touch.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify your LG Rumor Touch™ is connected to the Sprint network.
Be sure your LG Rumor Touch is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.
- Place a phone call.
- If you're unable to complete the call, update the profile.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG Rumor Touch to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your LG Rumor Touch off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your LG Rumor Touch back on.
- Test your phone to see if the issue is resolved.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your LG Rumor Touch?
If your LG Rumor Touch is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Rumor Touch is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.