This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Motorola PHOTON 4G.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify your Motorola PHOTON™ 4G is connected to the Sprint network using Sprint Zone.
Be sure your Motorola PHOTON 4G is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Tap Help.
- Tap I Need Help
- This automatically checks the voice and data connections.
- If the voice connection fails, tap Update Profile.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Motorola PHOTON 4G to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your Motorola PHOTON 4G off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press the Power key to turn your Motorola PHOTON 4G back on.
- Test your phone to see if the issue is resolved.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Motorola PHOTON 4G?
If your Motorola PHOTON 4G is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola PHOTON 4G is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Motorola PHOTON 4G or contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.