This article helps you troubleshoot battery life issues on your HTC EVO 4G LTE.
You may have battery issues if:
- Your phone consistently displays a low charge
- The battery drains quickly
Try each of these steps to see if it helps your charge last longer.
In Sprint Zone browse the Power Usage Dashboard to learn how your current power settings affect battery life.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Scroll to and tap My Device.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Tap Power Usage.
- Power Usage Overview: Displays your current power usage level and power mode.
- Power Usage Details: Shows your power usage over time and which features use your battery the most.
- Learn More: Provides more information on battery life.
Change the power settings to Low Power.
- In the Power Usage dashboard, tap Select Power Mode.
- Under Low Power, tap Apply.
- You can manually tap the setting to turn it off.
- To keep the settings as is, tap the Back key.
- If the Low Power setting turns off a feature you are using, such as Wi-Fi or Sync, tap the feature to turn it back on.
Close or uninstall applications to improve battery life.
- Some apps run in the background when you are not using them.
- Also, some apps consume more energy than others.
- Some apps come pre-loaded on your phone and you can't uninstall them.
- In the Power Usage dashboard, tap Battery Usage.
- Tap the application you want to close or uninstall.
- Close (turn off) an application: Tap Force stop.
- Uninstall (remove from phone) an application: Tap App info, Uninstall, and then OK.
Verify that your HTC EVO 4G LTE is running the most recent software.
- Tap the System Updates dashboard.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Remove the SD card.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key. Ignore any prompts or other screen changes.
- Continue holding the Power key until your HTC EVO™ 4G LTE turns off.
- Your phone automatically turns back on.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on sprint.com and at any Sprint Store.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- In Sprint Zone, tap the Battery Status dashboard.
- Verify that the Battery Status is Charging.
If you still have a battery issue, try our community pages for the HTC EVO 4G LTE, review these FAQs, or make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.