This article helps you troubleshoot battery life issues on your Kyocera Rise.
You may have battery life issues if your Kyocera Rise™ battery:
- Consistently displays low charge
- Drains quickly
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Change the power settings using Sprint Zone to increase battery life on your Kyocera Rise.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Swipe from Right to Left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Power Usage.
- Overview: Displays your current power usage level and power mode.
- Power Usage Details: Shows your power usage over time and which features use your battery the most.
- Battery Usage: Shows battery history and the power usage of each app.
- Current Power Settings: Shows settings that can affect battery life. Tap an item to change the setting.
- Select Power Mode: Helps change settings to extend battery life.
- Learn More: Provides more information on battery life.
You can also manually adjust power settings.
Verify the battery is not damaged.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Kyocera Rise off.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect the battery to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged. These are signs that the battery needs to be replaced and may be the cause of your issue.
- If the battery appears damaged, don't reinsert it into your Kyocera Rise.
- If you're still having issues, please make an appointment at a nearby Sprint Repair center for more help.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Kyocera Rise is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Kyocera Rise or review these FAQs.