This article helps troubleshoot mobile hotspot issues on your Motorola PHOTON 4G.
You may have mobile hotspot issues if you:
- See Error 67 on your Motorola PHOTON™ 4G
- Can't connect another device to your Motorola PHOTON 4G mobile hotspot
- Connect to the mobile hotspot but can't browse
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify you've enabled and set up mobile hotspot on your Motorola PHOTON 4G.
Turn Wi-Fi hotspot on.
Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Verify your Motorola PHOTON 4G is connected to the Sprint network using Sprint Zone.
Be sure mobile data is enabled and functioning for mobile hotspot to work properly.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Tap Help.
- Tap I Need Help
- This automatically checks the voice and data connections.
- If either connection fails, tap Update Profile. This may fix an error 67.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Verify your subscription has an active mobile hotspot add-on.
Log in to MySprint to verify the add-on is active on the subscription.
Without the hotspot add-on, you can't share your Motorola PHOTON 4G mobile hotspot with other devices.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Motorola PHOTON 4G to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your Motorola PHOTON 4G off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press the Power key to turn your Motorola PHOTON 4G back on.
- Test your phone to see if the issue is resolved.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola PHOTON 4G is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please try our community pages for the Motorola PHOTON 4G or make an appointment at a nearby Sprint Repair center for more help.