This article helps troubleshoot your HTC EVO 4G LTE not turning on completely.
You may have this issue if your device:
- Doesn't turn on the touchscreen, despite pressing and holding the power key
- Begins to load but restarts or shuts down before the loading process completes
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be interfering with your device's ability to turn on completely.
- Press and hold the Power key. Ignore any prompts or other screen changes.
- Continue holding the Power key until your HTC EVO 4G LTE turns off.
- Your device automatically turns back on.
- Test your phone to see if the issue is resolved.
Verify that your HTC EVO 4G LTE is fully charged.
If the battery charge is low, it may prevent your HTC EVO 4G LTE from turning on completely.
- Connect your HTC EVO 4G LTE to the charger that came with it.
- While charging, verify that the charging indicator displays.
- If the indicator doesn't display, the battery or the charger may not be working properly. A Sprint technician can identify the issue and discuss a solution.
- Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the HTC EVO 4G LTE or find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can check out your device.