This article helps troubleshoot your Kyocera DuraXT slowing, freezing, or turning off unexpectedly.
You may have performance issues if your Kyocera DuraXT:
- Performs slowly
- Turns off or unexpectedly restarts
- Displays error messages
- Is unable to install or update applications
Try each of these steps to see if it helps improve your phone's performance.
Safely remove your SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the SD card.
- Turn your phone back on.
Determine if your phone has low memory.
- From the home screen, press the OK/Menu key.
- Scroll to Tools and press the OK/Menu key.
- Scroll to Memory Storage and press the OK/Menu key.
- Scroll to Memory Info and press the OK/Menu key.
- If your phone has low memory, troubleshoot low memory issues.
Close background applications.
Some apps continue to run in the background after you exit them. Sprint recommends that you close background applications when you're not using them.
Verify that your Kyocera DuraXT is running the most recent software.
There may be a software update that improves battery life on your phone. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the Kyocera DuraXT or make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.