This article helps troubleshoot your Nexus S 4G from Google not turning on.
You may have this issue if your Nexus S™ 4G from Google:
- Doesn't turn on
- Starts to turn on but restarts or shuts down before it turns on completely
Try each of these steps if your phone doesn't turn on.
Verify that your Nexus S 4G from Google has a sufficient charge.
- Connect your original charger to your phone.
- After a few minutes, try to turn on your phone.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully clean and inspect the gold contacts on both the battery and on your phone.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.
Verify that you are using a compatible charger.
You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on sprint.com and at any Sprint Store.
Verify that your Nexus S 4G from Google can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Nexus S 4G from Google doesn't turn on, make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.
Verify that your Nexus S 4G from Google is running the most recent software.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap System settings.
- Scroll to and tap About phone.
- Tap System updates
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the Nexus S 4G from Google or make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.