You may have this issue if your Samsung Galaxy S® III:
- Doesn't turn on
- Starts to turn on but restarts or shuts down before it turns on completely
Try each of these steps if your phone doesn't turn on.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy S III has a sufficient charge.
- Connect your original charger to your phone.
- After a few minutes, try to turn on your phone.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect and clean the gold contacts using a cotton swab or dry soft cloth.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.
Verify that you are using a compatible charger.
You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on sprint.com and at any Sprint Store.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy S III can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Samsung Galaxy S III doesn't turn on, make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy S III is running the most recent software.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Scroll to and tap My Device.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the Samsung Galaxy S III or make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.