This article helps troubleshoot your Kyocera DuraXT not turning on.
You may have this issue if your Kyocera DuraXT:
- Doesn't turn on
- Starts to turn on but restarts or shuts down before it turns on completely
Try each of these steps if your phone doesn't turn on.
Verify that your Kyocera DuraXT has a sufficient charge.
- Connect your original charger to your phone.
- After a few minutes, try to turn on your phone.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully clean and inspect the gold contacts on both the battery and on your phone.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.
Verify that you are using a compatible charger.
You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on sprint.com and at any Sprint Store.
Verify that your Kyocera DuraXT can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
Verify that your Kyocera DuraXT is running the most recent software.
- From the home screen, press the OK/Menu key.
- Scroll to Tools and press the OK/Menu key.
- Scroll to Update Phone and press the OK/Menu key.
- With Update Firmware highlighted, press the OK/Menu key.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the Kyocera DuraXT or make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.