This article helps troubleshoot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 slowing, freezing, or turning off unexpectedly.
You may have performance issues if your Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 7.0:
- Performs slowly
- Turns off or unexpectedly restarts
- Displays error messages
- Is unable to install or update applications
Try each of these steps to see if it helps improve your device's performance.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Tap OK.
- Remove the SD card.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your device and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key until your device turns off.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your device back on.
Use Sprint Zone to determine if your device has low memory.
- Access Sprint Zone.
- Scroll to and tap My Device.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Tap Storage.
- Refer to the Overview section and determine if your device has low memory.
Clear the application cache.
- Clear the application cache on your applications to free up space and improve performance.
- Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
- When you clear the application data, it removes your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.
- Clearing the application cache doesn't remove your personal settings or information.
- In Sprint Zone, tap the Storage dashboard.
- Tap App Storage.
- Tap an application.
- Tap Clear cache.
Close or uninstall applications.
- Some apps run in the background when you are not using them.
- Also, some apps consume more energy than others.
- Some apps come pre-loaded on your device and you can't uninstall them.
- In the Power Usage dashboard, tap Battery Usage.
- Tap the application you want to close or uninstall.
- Close (turn off) an application: Tap Force stop.
- Uninstall (remove from device) an application: Tap App info, Uninstall, and then OK.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is running the most recent software.
- Tap the System Updates dashboard.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
If you're still having issues, try our community pages for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 or make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center.