Original Post Date: Sep 10, 2014
Sprint Giveback Program ("Program") is a wireless device collection program that is available at participating Sprint stores. By participating in the Program, you agree that you are bound by these Program Terms and conditions as well as any other written services and transaction materials that Sprint may provide you with or refer you to during the Program transaction and any confirmation materials that Sprint may provide or refer you to. You also agree that your participation is governed by Sprint's General Terms and Conditions of Service ("Ts&Cs"), which are available at www.sprint.com/termsandconditions, and that these terms and conditions are incorporated into the TS&Cs. This Program is included in the definition of Services in the Ts&Cs. For purposes of interpreting these terms and conditions and the Ts&Cs with respect to this Program, "Sprint" includes Sprint's agents, vendors, and suppliers that provide any of the underlying products and services that comprise the Program. Sprint reserves the right to modify the Program, these terms and conditions, and the Ts&Cs at any time without notice in its sole discretion. If you do not agree with the modifications, your sole and exclusive remedy is to not participate in the Program.
1. Eligibility. You must be an active Sprint One Up customer exercising the early upgrade option, or an existing Sprint customer on a service plan, buy up or add-on that includes an early upgrade option ("Early Upgrade Options") with applicable early upgrade option continuously active on the associated line of service for at least 12 consecutive months immediately before and at the time you choose to use your option.
Customers may only participate in the Program by visiting a participating store. The Program is not available at all locations. The Program is not available to minors: you must be at least eighteen years old to participate. Your account must be in good standing to participate (i.e. six months good payment history, no outstanding balance.)
2.1 Value. Sprint customers who are eligible pursuant to Section 1 above and who have made 12 consecutive installment payments under an existing Installment Agreement can give back an eligible device ("Giveback Device"). In exchange, Sprint will waive the remaining balance of the customer?s device Installment Agreement (if applicable) and allow the customer to select a new phone for purchase under a new Installment Agreement. The Giveback Device must be the device or authorized replacement device under the customer?s previous Installment Agreement. Other eligible customers will be permitted to give back an eligible Giveback Device under certain circumstances to allow them to participate in the Sprint Easy PaySM program and purchase a phone under a new Installment Agreement.
The Giveback Device must be in good, working condition and include all accessories with the device (for example, battery, extra battery, device cover, or earplugs). Good working order is defined as the device powers on and there are no broken, missing or cracked pieces.
* Sprint One UpSM customers who move to a plan with an early upgrade buy up or add-on do not have to purchase the buy up or add-on to exercise their initial early upgrade. Such customers are required to purchase and retain an Early Upgrade Option to exercise additional early upgrades after their initial upgrade.
2.3 Ineligible Devices. Only devices on the Giveback Device list are eligible for the Program. The Giveback Device list is subject to change without notice. Devices that do not meet the criteria contained in these terms and conditions will not be eligible for this Program, and Sprint will not return the devices. If Sprint determines that any device submitted to this Program is ineligible, lost, or stolen, then Sprint may not forgive your outstanding Installment Agreement balance, and Sprint will not return the device.
3. Data / Personal Information Removal. Sprint typically attempts to erase data, which may include contacts lists, call history, email, SMS files, calendars, photos, videos, ringtones, and web browsing history, from devices collected through its wireless recycling programs. However, Sprint cannot ensure that any personal data will be removed. Sprint encourages you to remove all data from devices before you provide it to Sprint. Sprint is not responsible for any data that may be on devices. Consult the user guide or the manufacturer for more information about how to delete data from devices. Here are eight simple tips to help you erase your personal information.
Customers with an Apple iPhone or iPad must reset or wipe their device prior to returning or exchanging the Giveback Device. On the device choose: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings to complete this action. The device must have data connectivity to complete these steps.
4. Sprint Cannot Return Devices. Sprint will not be able to return any device that you submit to the Program for any reason, even if you request that Sprint return the device within the timeframes contained in the Sprint return policies, which are available at www.sprint.com/returns.
5. Device Title. By participating in this Program, you represent that you have title, ownership, and interest in the devices you submit, and you transfer the title, ownership, and interest in the devices to Sprint. You agree that Sprint will not have any liability in excess of the accepted trade-in value for the devices that you submit to this Program.