Switching (Porting) your current wireless or landline number to Sprint couldn't be easier. During the checkout process, we gather information in order to complete the transfer. Account information for Sprint is collected first with your old provider's information collected second. You should have the following on hand when processing your transfer request:
- Name and address on old service provider account
- Account number from your old service provider
- Account password from your old service provider (if applicable)
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax ID
Once your information is provided, we submit the transfer request to your old provider for validation. When successful, a time is set for the transfer of your number. If unsuccessful, a Sprint representative will contact you to collect the incomplete information and resubmit for validation. Typical transfers from wireless carriers to Sprint can be completed in as little as 10 minutes from the time you receive your device, if all the information is correct at that time. Landline transfers usually complete in 2 to 5 days.*
* Please be aware that delivery times may be delayed due to circumstances such as credit authorization, backordered equipment, incomplete payment, insufficient and/or inaccurate information provided when placing the order. You will be contacted by phone or email should such a condition come up while processing your order.